Wednesday, June 8, 2011

*:AQUA & CHARTREUSE:* A combo that has me giggling with excitement...

OH! Hello there!
It's just me....
your long lost blogger....

I feel like all I have been doing at the beginning of each post has been apologizing lately for not posting NEARLY frequently enough...
So this time I won't go into it too much.

I'll just give you the short version:

New job, bought house, in wedding, house stuff, another wedding, more house stuff.... and well, you get the picture, right?

So since my husband and I went today to pick out all of the finishes for our house scheduled to be built this November, I have (again) been thinking about design..

Since we have been keeping the upgrades to a minimum....and by minimum I mean we have almost NO upgrades that were not a bonus of some sort, it has been somewhat limiting as far as design goes.
If you are a follower of this blog then you already know that I have been pining after a Retro Red and Aqua Kitchen.
BUT

Since I won't be having aqua cabinets any time soon, I'm going to have to improvise.  We picked a dark brown for the wood cabinets and a light unoffensive counter.  we also chose a very dark stain for our hardwood throughout the main floor. (all woods have no red in them...)

So I figured I would be doing punches of red and aqua throughout the kitchen and therefor was thinking...
How am I going to make this make sense with the rest of the space?... Since it is a very open concept floor plan.

So I was browsing some design pics and came across an awesome combo..that is..

AQUA AND CHARTREUSE


I am suuuuper into this combo right now.
It looks fresh, it looks retro and best of all it is NOT beige.



So I figured I would share some of the awesome living rooms that I have come across on my search for inspiration.


I think both the aqua or the chartreuse green look fantastic on the walls...but I haven't decided if I am ballsy enough to do either....

The aqua is very fresh and cool...where as the aqua is daring and vibrant.

The above pic is a good example of a very subdues soft version of this colour combo...


I'm thinking it might be good to keep the walls fairly toned down so that I can add some statement pieces that have pops of colour... like the ottoman in the above pic or the chairs and curtains in the pic below...


I really only have discovered my love for this combo quite recently and haven't really figured how I'm going to work it out.  

Perhaps soon enough down the line I will post pics of my living room all "worked out"!

BUT

for now I dream...and I wait.

and I share!


 
Design by LEMOT